1. Libraries serve the disenfranchised.
2. Libraries are a gathering place.
3. Libraries are a first step to literacy.
4. Libraries are there for all ages.
5. Libraries help people use the internet.
6. … And libraries help people use the internet better
7. Libraries are interested in your privacy.
8. Libraries are hubs for preserving the past.
9. Libraries are there in a crisis.
10. Libraries offer the human touch.
#10 is where they really got me thinking. When providing customer service, we can’t just see “another patron”. We have to see someone who may need more than just finding a book or internet access.